Job Description 👨💻
Exotrail is looking for a Satellite Assembly, Integration and Tests (AIT) Engineer for its space transportation vehicle. We are looking for one engineer for our develpment program of the second spacevan and one to prepare the launch of our first spacevan. Their responsability will be to create the processes, templates for assembly, integration and tests, as well as perform those tests. Point of contacts for mechanical, electrical, thermal and other systems are identified and the AIT engineers will work with them.
The current team is composed of technical experts and project managers for spacevan development and mission management, as well as one AIT engineer. You will reinforce this team and work with all members of the current team.
Your main tasks will be:
📌 Create processes and templates to perform assembly, integration and tests to complete the assembly of a complete satellite
📌 Perform assembly, integration and tests tasks
📌 Participate in the specification and design of ground support equipment
📌 Plan and participate in the launch campaigns
You will work directly with the VP of In-Orbit Services and the delivery manager of spacevan-1 or spacevan-2.
This position is opened only in Massy offices.
Preferred Experience 💁♀️
Exotrail is looking for an AIT engineer with hands-on experience and willing to have a position between the desk and the lab. Typically, the candidate worked on satellites projects and participated in assembly, integration and tests of the satellite from end-to-end. A minimum experience of 2 years is required for this position, but juniors with relevant experience can apply.
In addition, and as importantly, the candidate must have the following mindset:
- interest in highly technical work, both in planning and in the lab
- pragmatism, risk-taking and accountable
- good communication skills with fluent English
- willingness to join the dynamic, vibrant, demanding environment of a start-up
About our recruitment process 🤝
We are committed to recruiting the right people for the right job regardless of your private backround.
We meet at least three times in order to give you a better idea of what it's like to work at Exotrail:
1. Technical interview with your future manager: You will learn more about the position and the required qualifications
2. On-site interview with HR and VP: You will discover your work environment and learn more about our culture
3. Interview with a founder: You can make sure that you share the same vision and values of the company