About us 👨💻
Exotrail is an end-to-end space mobility operator. We design, develop and sell mobility solutions for an agile space.
Our mission is to allow satellites to move in space, so that we can optimise their deployment, increase their service performances and reduce space pollution. Thanks to it, a new world of telecommunication, earth observation, space logistic and exploration will arise.
Job Description 👨💻
We are looking for a power electronics engineer to join the Propulsion team. Our team is composed of experienced professionals in plasma physics, mechanics, material science, electronics, fluidics. You will be responsible for carrying out the design, prototyping and testing of the electronics of our propulsion system as well as our test setups. You will integrate the expertise with other electronics engineers.
Your main tasks will be:
- To design the electronic sub-systems and interfaces considering the system constraints.
- To assemble and test electronic circuits.
- To be the point of contact of the electrical design for different systems and/or sub-systems. This includes assuring the compatibility with other sub-systems, the writing of the Electrical Interface Control Documents and other documents required for hardware qualification or project purposes.
- To contribute to the stock management of the electronic components.
- To manage the procurement of electronic components.
- To contribute to the harmonization between electronics hardware and software.
You will join the Product Development Team and will report to the Head of Technology, which in turn, reports to the VP Propulsion.
Preferred Experience 💁♀️
Exotrail is looking for a power electronics engineer with hands-on experience on the design of electronics, from initial design to the production and testing. Typically, the candidate worked on satellites projects and has experience in the design of electronics for space applications.
The candidate must have the following skills/background:
- More than 5 years' experience in power electronics.
- Knowledge of DC/DC converters and other topologies.
- Knowledge of software for electronics design, such as KiCad, LTSpice.
- Knowledge of communication protocols for satellite applications (such as SPI, CAN, RS485)
- Good communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Autonomous, rigorous, and detailed oriented.
- Diplomatic, a good communicator and responsive.
- Curious, proactive in your activities and a source of proposals on the subjects which you are responsible of.
- Motivated, able to adapt quickly within a young and very ambitious team, and you have shown a real interest in the field of space.
- Pragmatism, risk-taking and accountable.
About our recruitment process 🤝
We are committed to recruiting the right people for the right job regardless of your private backround.
We meet at least three times in order to give you a better idea of what it's like to work at Exotrail:
1. Technical interview with your future manager: You will learn more about the position and the required qualifications
2. Interview with HR and VP: You will discover our work environment and learn more about our culture
3. On-site interview with the team: You will meet your future colleagues and make sure that you share the same vision and values of the company.