Job Description 👨💻
- Date: January-August 2024
- Contract Type: Internship (≥ 6 months mandatory)
- Location: Massy, France (91300)
We are looking for a Instrumentation R&D internship at our Massy site, to support the rapid growth.
Attached to the R&T Team, you will be responsible for challenging the design of a thrust balance for our spaceware™, with the objective to minimize errors and improve sensibility/accuracy of our means.
Thrust magnitude of hall effect thruster are incredibly low and must be measured under vacuum. Such constrains lead to the development of a specific instrument, a thrust balance.
Exotrail has already developed several thrust balances, but we are looking to rock on the accuracy and the sensibility of our design. Your mission will be to challenge every aspect of the actual design and test procedure, to improve its performances following your recommendations.
You will focus on :
📌 Discuss with engineers developing tests benches and understand problematics related to vacuum and thrust measurement
📌 Analyze current design to diagnose error causes
📌 Create a test plan to improve calibration and measurements
📌 Improve calibration process and operations with new methods/processes
Preferred Experience 💁♀️
Hard skills and experiences:
- Ability to grasp multi-domain technical needs (knowledge required in thermodynamics, mechanics, electro-magnetism)
- Project on Computer-Aided Design (CAD) (Inventor, Solidworks or Catia)
- Mastering concept of metrology
- Hardware prototyping, with basics in electronics (electrical schematics reading, PCB prototyping and soldering)
- Good proficiency in English
- Notions on plasma diagnostic (RPA, Langmuir …) is a plus
- Creativity and experimental approach
- Problem solving skills
- Team work
About our recruitment process 🤝
We are committed to recruiting the right people for the right job regardless of your private backround.
We meet at least twice in order to give you a better idea of what it's like to work at Exotrail:
1. Technical interview (video call) with your future manager: you will learn more about the position and the required qualifications.
2. On-site interview with other team members: you will discover your work environment and learn more about our culture.