Job Description 👨💻
Exotrail is looking for two Satellite Assembly, Integration and Tests (AIT) Electronics Engineers for its space transportation vehicle. We are looking for one engineer for our development program of the second spacevan and one to prepare the launch of our next spacevans. Their responsibility will be to define and create the harness, routing diagrams, EGSE, processes, templates for assembly, integration, and tests, as well as perform those tests. Point of contacts for electrical, thermal and other systems are identified and the AIT engineers will work with them.
The current team is composed of technical experts and project managers for spacevan development and mission management, as well as multiple AIT engineers. You will reinforce this team and work with all members of the current team.
Your main tasks will be:
📌 Create processes and templates to perform electrical/electronics assembly, integration and tests.
📌 Participate on the specification of harnesses wiring diagrams, drawings and platform routing layouts.
📌 Produce the harnesses according to the drawings and do their installation as per the layouts.
📌 Define test plans, test cases and test procedures for electrical and functional testing at various integration levels.
📌 Perform assembly, integration and tests of subcomponents and harnesses on the platforms.
📌 Coordinate the activities related to electrical and functional testing and verification of the spacevan platforms and equipment.
📌 Lead the execution of associated test and verification campaigns on site and at external test facilities.
📌 Feedback test results and information derived from functional testing to other engineering disciplines, namely SW, Electronics and System Engineering.
📌 Develop and implement test automation where appropriate.
📌 Participate in the resolution of NCRs resulting from test campaigns.
📌 Define, identify, and where necessary develop appropriate EGSE for the support of tests and manage their design.
📌 Plan and participate in the launch campaigns.
📌 Feedback lessons learned from AIT stages into future spacevan designs to improve designs, processes, efficiency, and outcomes of subsequent missions, in particular with respect to testability and manufacturability of designs.
You will work directly with the VP of In-Orbit Services and the delivery manager of spacevan-1 or spacevan-2.
This position is opened only in Massy offices.
Preferred Experience 💁♀️
Exotrail is looking for Electrical / Electronic AIT Engineers with hands-on experience and willing to have a position between the desk and the facilities. Typically, the candidates worked on satellites projects and participated in assembly, integration and tests of the satellite from end-to-end. A minimum experience of 2 years is required for this position, but juniors with relevant experience can apply.
- Have experience with spacecraft assembly, integration and verification.
- Certification in different skills related to electrical integration, such as crimping or soldering.
- Background in design of Electrical Systems and EGSE.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
In addition, and as importantly, the candidate must have the following mindset:
- Interest in highly technical work, both in planning and in the facilities.
- Pragmatism, risk-taking and accountable.
- Good communication skills with fluent English.
- Willingness to join the dynamic, vibrant, demanding environment of a start-up.
About our recruitment process 🤝
We are committed to recruiting the right people for the right job regardless of your private backround.
We meet at least three times in order to give you a better idea of what it's like to work at Exotrail:
1. Technical interview with your future manager: you will learn more about the position and the required qualifications
2. On-site interview with HR and VP: you will discover your work environment and learn more about our culture
3. Interview with a founder: you can make sure that you share the same vision and values of the company